Sunday, January 13, 2013

one great thai meal

This is one of the many best meals I had in Thailand. I was walking towards the Chinatown area in Bangkok one day looking for a restaurant cookware supply. I happen upon this restaurant full of people. Needless to say it is a sign they must have very good food. There is no English signs or menu. Fortunately they have photos of all the dishes.


The restaurant has a relative simple and small menu - a very good sign of a affordable and good restaurant.
first to arrive - papaya salad; it is very very hot and full of flavor
Though they speak hardly any English the staffs are very nice. I asked if they have beer and the lady say no. She said that she can send someone to buy one for me if I give them the money. A few minutes later she return with a Leo and my change. I loved it! Most Thai affordable eateries would do this.

this is the restaurant's speciality - everyone orders it; lot of it; the chicken is incredible

 squid salad - fresh and delicious
 a lot of food for one person but I persevered
 they prepare the food in front of the restaurant; the owner encouraged me to take pictures
 they have an army just to prepare salads
 with the precision and efficient of an army
 this guy handles all the fried chicken - you can have your choices as long as wings and wings only
 he uses a mixture of three kinds of flours

the fried chicken is one of the best I've ever have - you need a lot of napkins; in fact every thing is incredibly good.
I am definitely going back next time visiting Bangkok.



No comments:

Post a Comment