Sunday, June 2, 2013

tacos with belgian chocolate mole

Whenever I engage in a home project the meals usually have to take a back seat. The recent project is the cassette toilet conversion for Tatyana. I skipped the weekly grocery shopping trip and have been eating from the refrigerator and the freezer. I did make a quick stop at Trader Joes running an erant and I picked up a few essentials including a pack of Belgian Chocolate which I want to make mole with.


I have been eating a lot of tacos in the last week. The most tacos I ate in my lifetime. I made fish tacos, beef tacos, and chicken tacos. I would never image tacos are so easy to make, and the best part is you eat while you cook. It is turely a hand to mouth process in a good way. Every bite is piping hot, spicy and flavorful satisfying mouthful. In Pati's Mexican Table she called one of her taco recipe bricklayers' taco. With humble food like taco the more undesirable the life's calling of the eater the better it tastes. I call mine toilet plumber's taco.

I have been itching to make mole with dark chocolate and I knew Trader Joes has good  Belgian chocolate for excellent price.

just $4.99 for over 1 pound of dark chocolate from belgium
some mole ingredients


i put in just 3 pieces - you don't want to go crazy least the mole becomes too sweet

just an improvised beef mole with yellow rice
minced garlic for preparing avocado

this is beef cube steak taco
this is chicken taco - showing the assembling steps; start with avocado paste
add mole
a bit of yellow rice
sensible amount of sautee chicken
add garnish - i skip the cheese as the ingredients are so flavorful
a few drizzles of mexican hot sauce and a dash of coarsely ground sea salt

No comments:

Post a Comment