Thursday, April 17, 2014

home made fresh pasta

With an abundance of andouille sausage and tasso I made yesterday I was very eager to cook with them. I put my mind in gear to decide what best dish to make with what I have at home. Home made pasta was what I came up. I have a bit of cuttlefish left in the refrigerator and I would use it to accent the smoked meat.


i used a 50/50 % mix of Semolina and all purpose flour
 i break out the new Italian pasta maker i bought a while back
 just one egg and a bit of flour and there is enough pasta for two people
 this is one half of the yield
home made andouille from yesterday
 home made tasso from yesterday
 they have such intense flavor you just need very little
finished product - linguine with tasso, andouille, and cuttlefish
fresh pasta made with wholesome ingredients is something to behold



No comments:

Post a Comment