Monday, July 7, 2014

dyson vacuum cleaner for brunnhilde

Brunnhilde and I took a month long road trip from Portland to Louisiana in the spring. It is the longest road trip Brunnhilde has ever taken.

After a few week the interior of Brunnhilde inevitably turns into a pigpen. In the past I have been reluctant to carry a vacuum cleaner because space is such premium. A few weeks ago I came across the Dyson digital slim cordless vacuum on sale at Costco.

For me the Dyson is the only cordless vacuum I would ever entertain buying. Dyson and Miele vacuum cleaner are like Apple in mobile and home computing. Great innovative and refined design that is user friendly. These products command a premium in which consumers are willing to pay. No wander Samsung was being sued by Dyson for alleged violation of design patent.




At about $50 off the regular price I caved and picked one up. I actually plan to use it around the house mostly, and only bring it along in Brunnhilde in a long road trips.

the dyson digital slim kit that Costco sells is a bit different from those sold by other retailers including Amazon; it has few additional attachments
 of the entire kit there are 3 DC motors in all - there are two motorized brush heads
 the electric contacts for the motorized brush heads

 I immediately tested out how I can charge it in brunnhilde using a 12Vdc to 120Vac inverter
 even with my gen 1 low power inverter the dyson charged just fine
i was back to Costco a few weeks later and the dyson rep was there; i took this photo of the brushless motor (dyson calls it digital motor); i could feel the very strong neodymium magnet when turning the shaft with my fingers
This vacuum clean is very handy around the house when you don't want to pull out the big gun (my Miele). The special purpose attachment is great for cleaning delicate electronics and surface that is susceptible to marring by typical vacuum cleaning head. The brushless motor eases my concern of longevity. The rechargeable battery is modular so it can be replaced when worn. In all I am impressed and happy with the purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment