Monday, July 7, 2014

this and that - oregon july 2014


I have a late start in sailboarding this year. I didn't start until the July 1st. I should have started in June as there were many good days here. Often is just my personal inertia and having very old and tired gears contributes to my late start.

my clemstis vine is now very happy after I relocated it
this fin is very old and not properly foiled (the proper foil had not been established at the time this fin was purchased) - i eventually got around to take the matter into my own hands using an angle grinder to re-foil the fin
my 35-litre board always have a leak and eventually I track it down - an hairline crack hidden under the white paint
when it rains it pours - did someone put a bullet hole in Brunnhillde?
 definitely looks like a bullet hold in the fiberglass high top
 it turned out to be just bird dropping
this torrential rain was so heavy the street drain was overwhelmed that flooded the street - if this goes on the my garage would be flooded

very happy vine

I had two very good days of sailing to wipe myself back into shape - now I feel like I am back into my elements; the water is quite warm by our standard and I ditched my 5/3 mil wetsuit and been using my more flexible summer suit instead
I could not ask for better two days of great sailing. On the first day we had moderately strong wind and I used my 3.9 sq m all day - just very nice wind to get back into the groove without the riding the bronco scare which you can easily get hurt. In the following day the wind was much stronger in the earlier part of the day and I used my 3.4 sq m all day. By then my body is ready for the heavy stuff, and even I was surprised.

dry camping at the end of a good day of sailing
i brought my cajun and creole cook books
this very old cookbook is written in take-no-prisoner fashion; the recipes are very short and brief and there must be a thousand
on the contrary the one by Donald Link is more like a culinary novel with dressed-to-kill photos; I visited Mr. Link's Butcher restaurant a few times while I recently in NOLA

the curtain comes in handy to give shelter from the pre-noon sun while allowing the sliding door to be kept open for cool air
 breakfast with my homemade smoked Alaska sockeye salmon
 carb-loading to prepare for sailing session - carb-loading is not supposed to be this delicious

 just like a high school reunion with my sailing friends
 this is a photo taken at home on a not-so-good-for-windsurfing says


No comments:

Post a Comment