Friday, June 12, 2015

fresh water capacity - brunnhilde part 7



I have refrained from cutting into the Todd water tank until the key parts arrive and on hands. The most critical decisions are the arrangement of the ports, the plumbing, and the goal of achieving a user-friendly and reliable convertible system.

I have invested considerable amount of effort exploring a wide range of ideas, tank and port orientation and organization, and the best parts for the job while at the same time keeping the project cost to a minimum.

The parts that are the poles in the tent finally arrived. I hedged my purchase as I have to see them and play with them to decide on the best ones to use.


today i am ready to cut the opening for the access port - a 4" marine deck plate; i do this only after i am absolutely sure that the ports will face inwards in Brunnhilde's rear storage compartment

the lid serves as the cutting template - a sign of a thoughtful product


though I knew this is a 1/4" thick tank, seeing the heft of the thickness is still a surprise; feeling the inside edges one can tell the tank is molded as opposed to be welded from flat sheets

my cut was perfect

before installing the deck plate with silicone caulking I need to make the hole for the pump hose as that too needs to be sealed with silicone caulking

this hole must be perfect as there is very little shoulder on the flange of the panel-mount snap on connector
i hand filed it to fit and did the installation with silicone caulking; the tank looks really professional and nautical with the deck plate

time to do some R&D on the dry dock
i chose the pump hose port location to maximize the ability to store stuff on top of the tank

nice!

i played around for the idea on a secure tank fastening system, and that is very user friendly

this is how I envisioned and planned the access port to serve also for filling if gravity filling is required; actually looking at this photo, one can see there is no reason this can also be used to fill with a garden hose nozzel with a bit more attention and care; the lid is very easy to turn once the o-ring is lubricated by a bit of water

there is more than what meet the eyes on the treatment of the vent/overfill hose; there is also the pump electrical connection for the convertible design

time to dig into the tank selection switch electrical wiring


i found the part

Today I called the UK vendor for the Comet parts. Well they drop the damn ball - or touch the damn ball by hand if it is Fußball. The jokers told me after I waited over a week that they didn't ship my order. The bozo enter my credit card number wrong (this is after he took my other card and later told me they cannot take that card). I even asked and ensure he has my email address and all the details of my order and he did not contact me that the credit card was "declined" because of his sloppy attitude. Yes, he is on vacation this whole week.

I was going to recommend them in my blog post, but I will not because of this gross negligence.


No comments:

Post a Comment