Tuesday, April 12, 2016

in good shape, isolde - part 14


This is the following on post to in good shape, isolde - part 13.The tiny temperature controller board that I ordered from Amazon finally arrived from China. I could not wait to immediately test out the functions. I did have to download the instruction form the web to know how to navigate the functions.



This little board has 6 programmable parameters - P0 through P6. The display is fixed in Celsius.

while I knew it is small, but seeing it first hand is still a bit of a surprise; overall quality is excellent

i set it up in on the bench to test it out first; it consumes about 18mA when the relay is not energized; the relay adds about 50mA when energized.

I have been wanting to get 2 of this. However, I ordered only one because I first want to make sure there are no hidden problems. For example, I want to verify once it is set with the programmed parameters they are not loss after a power interrupt, which would be totally unacceptable. I didn't test all the parameters but the ones that I care and need are working fine. I would expect they are stored in the flash memory. A nice feature that is worth pointing out is there is a small LED that illuminates whenever the relay is energized. I didn't bother to check the accuracy of the temperature it reports, as it is not crucial for my application.

i want to test it out over a few days before deciding on the final mounting location and method




No comments:

Post a Comment