Wednesday, September 21, 2016

ramen in portland - part 6 中華料理拉麺

Soup noodles are my most frequently prepare meals. They are very versatile and are a meal in one serving vessel. It takes as little as 15 minutes to prepare if I have the basic ingredients already made in a big batch.

I consumed all 4 servings of Sun Noodle's ramen noodles and I still have quite a bit of pork bone broth left. As I wrote in the previous post I feel that they are overpriced. I plan only to buy them occasionally in the future. I can find a lot of other noodles as substitutes. Here are a few ramen meals that I prepared substituted with other noodles. I also used a variety of relatively uncommon toppings.

this has sea scallops and Chinese choysum as toppings - and a bit of butter; the broth is miso flavor

I used fresh Chinese flat noodles - this noodle cost a mere $2 for 6 servings and is very good

this has slices of NY strip steak. cuttlefish meat balls, braised pig stomach, and Japanese rolled omelette

NY strip steak served with granny smith apple, and stir-fried rice noodle - there is only 1/2 of a small piece of steak



another ramen with seafood toppings

my ramen is so delicious

I made this tonight - a vary small piece of duck breast and Louisiana prawms served with Napa cabbage


No comments:

Post a Comment