Sunday, March 18, 2018

mini love - part 39

testing, testing, testing Mac OS's asinine dumb down finder and UI which I cannot find where my shits are.



Also trying to understand why Blogger resizes down the resolution of the photos smaller when I upload from Mac as opposed from Windows PC.

I have noted over the years Google deliberately make their apps and tool with inferior user experience for Mac OS and iOS. Sometime the app is simply crippled on iOS.


If I upload these photos from Windows PC the horizontal size is constrained to 1600, and these obviously are not.


I am also trying to figure out an most efficient photo work flow for my blog using the Mac. Up until now I do all that on my Windows desktop PC. The Mac has mostly been used as an internet kiosk in the family room.





these 2 photos should be 1600 pixels wide while the ones above were exported from Photos as Large; these got constrained to just under 1200 which is better but not ideal

Mini and Harvey

Mini and Paul Bunyon





Mini covers the waterfront

the drudgery of a taxi driver in the age of Uber and Lyft


"I didn't do it" - Mini says




Mini embraces multicultural

plenty of oil pressure - this is right a cold start at 48 degree F ambient

saw this 991.2 GT3 at the local dealer; I like the understated drywall grey color that has a hint of green tint

I dug into the image resolution mystery more. It turns out the 1600 pixel wide photos that I uploaded from Mac are in fact maintained as is. It is just the Blogger photo viewer keeps it at around 1280. If you open the photo in a new tab on the browser it will display as 1600 pixel wide. Likewise if you download it. On the portrait shots or those cropped to portrait aspect ratios, the vertical size is likewise constrained to 1600 maximum, which is logical.

The first few photos which I let Mac Photos export them as "large" didn't fair so well. Blogger simple resized them 1280 wide. Mystery solved. I think it is time I begin uploading 1600 pixel wide photos from this point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment