Saturday, February 9, 2019

beef meat ball soup thick noodles 牛肉丸粗麵


This is just an improvised light meal with what I happen to have on hand. A beef meat ball soup thick noodles with home made thick noodles. I made a batch of beef meat balls and vacuum packed most of them and store in freezer. I kept the ugly five to be cooked. As making beef meat balls requires blanching them in hot water I ended up with a pot of beef broth. I use it to make this bowl of soup noodles.
As to the noodles, I made a very small batch using the same dough that I made pan fried beef buns 生煎牛肉包. The noodles approximate Shanghainese thick noodles. Making them cannot be easier. I just rolled out a small piece of dough, fold it in three layers and cut it into noodles with a knife.

I have been experimenting making dough differently, with and without oil, with and without egg, depends the taste and consistency and mouth feel that I want to achieve. This time I use olive oil, and egg yokes.

these pieces of dough was what I have been making pan fried beef buns 生煎牛肉包 with


this bowl of noodles is Shanghainese inspired; I drizzled in some Korean roasted sesame oil

the green onion was from my yard

Going forward I would likely never buy store bought Shanghainese thick noodles again. It is so easy to make and I can have fresh noodles anytime I fancy. I plan on trying to make noodles with involves the use of lye water like ramen noodles. I just fed up with the poor quality of typical Asian noodles found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment