Monday, February 4, 2019

xiao long bao 小籠包, potstickers 鍋貼, and pan fried pork buns 生煎包 - part 5


Wanting a little bit more soup in the xiao long bao 小籠包 for the remainder of the pork filling I thought I would add a bit a vegetable to it. I happen have a stalk of spring onion left over. It was just perfect and I chop it up and added to the filling. There is a bit of dough left as well so breakfast should be easy.


spring onions from my yard

there is only this little of filling left and the spring onion boosts it a bit

By now I am getting quite proficient so I make three at and time, steam, and eat.


twelve xiao long bao 小籠包 later there is this little filling left; I reckon I can get three more out of it

there is just this tiny piece of dough left, and I managed to eke out 3 wrappers

the last three xiao long bao 小籠包



This conclude this series of my quest to make the variety of Shanghainese delights.

No comments:

Post a Comment