Friday, February 15, 2019

taiwanese three cups chicken 三杯鷄 - part 2



I made another pot of Taiwanese three cups chicken 三杯鷄 using the other half of the American big breast chicken. I used more the less the same procedure and ingredients. The main addition are some red bell pepper that I forgot that I have in the fridge. I also used some Chinese drinking white liquor (aka rocket fuel) in addition to the cooking liquor. This pot tastes even better than the one from the day before.
I took more photos of the procedure this time. I have gotten the techniques down the pad and the seasoning and portions of the ingredients are just perfect. The dish has so much umami that you would think that I pour in a bowl of MSG.

I used some of this 100 proof drinking rocket fuel in addition to the cooking liquor

this time I used even more thinly sliced ginger, and a whole head of garlic

I deboned the chicked except the wing so the skins can be brown to render out the fat that is then used in the preparation, in addition to the sesame oil

all the ingredients except the soy sauce, sesame oil, and liquors; again I used dried basil in lieu of fresh ones

the chicken browned and ready to be cut into pieces



the vegetables are stir fried in the fat and some sesame oil and ready to be added to the chicken in the clay pot

I used some chicken stock that I made from the bones; the juice was being reduced under medium high heat

here is how much the liquid has been reduced compared to the photo above


this batch tastes even better than the previous one; the dark specs are dried basil - a lot of them

I love the thinly slice ginger as well as the chunky garlic


No comments:

Post a Comment