Sunday, February 10, 2019

shanghai thick noodles with dungeness crab meat 上海蟹肉粗麵


This is what I call opportunistic meal made from the assorted ingredients, most from leftovers of other dishes. I had a Dungeness crab a few days ago and as always I could eat it all in one setting. I harvest the meat from the body and saved some juice and tomalley in the refrigerator. I need to use them up before they go bad so what to do?
There is still a bit of flour dough left over from making pan fried beef buns 生煎牛肉包 and a meal of soup noodles. I had enough meat the last few meals so I decide to use the remaining dough to make more Shanghai style thick noodles. More as in just enough for a small bowl of soup noodles. The crab meat, tomalley would be added to the leftover beef broth from making beef meatballs.




the sad looking leftover dough; I rolled them out into a flat sheet to make noodles

then the sheet is rolled up and cut into noodles by a knife

then dusted with a lot of flour and unfurled; the excess flour thickens the soup broth which is what you want in a bowl of Shanghai thick noodle soup

I always have some braised shiitake mushrooms around so a few slices top the bowl of hearty noodles

a bowl of Shanghai thick noodles with Dungeness crab meat 上海蟹肉粗湯麵 is ready


No comments:

Post a Comment