Monday, December 9, 2019

a month in taiwan, 2019 - part 1


Part 1 was in Taipei, arrived from a flight from Portland, connecting in Vancouver to Taipei via Air Canada. This series of posts are foodie photo heavy, and light on text.



the food choices in Vancouver Airport was pitiful and as is this edible food-like substance

before the flight took off I planned the transportation from Taoyuan International Airport to my Hotel in Taipei

one of the meal on board Air Canada

airplane approaching Taoyuan International Airport

I exchanged American money for Taiwanese at the airport at Bank of Taiwan

my first sight of the night scene stepping off the airport bus at the hotel

there are food everywhere and this is one within stone throw of the hotel



my first snack in Taipei - stinky tofu in a small night market close to the hotel



I liked the look of this place that specialize on goose and decided to give it a try, and I was not disappointed.



charcoal roasted geese deboned and a side of vegetable


I would return to this restaurant twice during this trip




I found this soy milk place by the hotel the next morning and had breakfast.


this was the first time that I became aware that Taiwan is quite popular with Japanese tourists



the food is good but not great
















this was the first time I saw whole mahi mahi (the pink ones at middle front) and these are very small















these fish roes are a Taiwanese delicacy


I love glass jelly



imported beef shanks

while most of these are sea fish, Taiwanese eats more farmed freshwater fish








most noodles shops in the markets make their products in back of the store























these are some of the world most expensive grapes from Japan

I bought a bundle to try and they were quite large



I love fresh bamboo shoot that has not been processed

a Lotus Exige with supercharged V6 engine not for sale in the US




Tin Dai Fung - the food is good but not great despite their international fame













you can buy a man's shirt in a 7 - 11 stores there; and there are convenience stores in every street corner

Taiwanese buffet stores are everywhere

this little fried mice pork bun with salted radish is one of the best snack in the trip; sold by an old lady for $10 TWD each







this is how garbage is collected - you bring it to the garbage truck which plays a music tune to announce its arrival







No comments:

Post a Comment