Monday, February 28, 2022

little clay pot rice - still more variation

Blog is dead. No one read blogs anymore. It is all social and videos now. The reason I continue my blog is the photos that I take alone do not adequately document some of the subtleties especially when it comes to food preparation. Sometimes a few words of annotations help me remember years down the road of the progress I make over time.
Cooking is a continuous improvement process. I never cook with a recipe. Rather I cook with what I conceive or from inspirations. I do have recipes that is vaguely formulated, but nothing is cast in stone. This is one main reason I want to be able to look back in later days of the journey I had taken, and how my techniques and tastes changed and evolved. 

a lot of different condiments and this is just on the kitchen countertop

this is my home made habanero hot oil - the oil is semi-solid as I just retrieved the big jar out of the fridge

the most important technique in cooking is not to over or undercook any one ingredient; there is no good way to cook vegetable in a clay pot rice except to pre-cook the and add onto the finished dish just before serving; the shrimps have been shelled, salted and season as well as oiled



my technique in keeping the ingredients warm


the little dispenser contains a sauce I mixed with oyster sauce, dark and light soy sauce

the color and balance of the soy sauce is important


The ingredients of this dish:
  • Thai Jasmine rice
  • shrimp broth
  • Guld shrimps
  • Sea scallops
  • Chinese pork sausage
  • Chinese broccoli
  • Scallion
  • Ginger
  • braised untrimmed beef flank
  • olive oil
  • ground pepper
  • salt
  • home made clay pot rice dark sauce 


nothing goes to waste even the shrimp shells

the Chinese broccoli was poached in the shrimp shell broth





No comments:

Post a Comment