Friday, March 4, 2022

fancying a plush truck

I have decided it is time to buy my first pickup truck since now I live in the country. While my 26 year-old Land Rover Discovery still have a lot of drivetrain life left it is very outdated with poor MPG. Its best redemption is its capabilities under the worst of winter conditions on and off roads. The worst aspect is it is very tiring for a 6-hour round trip to Portland for my shopping trips.

I initially wanted a 2500 or even a 3500 HD truck but with all things considered I realize they are poor choice if one plan to go into the cities. Additionally my friend told me a 1500 truck rides much better while can tow a 2500 truck of yesteryears.

GM is updating the interior and instrumentation and entertainment system of their 1500 trucks for the 2022 model year. I have researched most of the truck offering including Toyota, Ford, and RAM but decided on the GMC Sierra line, partly because of the 10-speed transmission and the excellent 3.0 liter Duramax inline six engine. One can only make advance reservation right now.

as always I and an exterior color that has the least solar gain
















while black looks stunning, I will never buy a black vehicle


2 comments:

  1. One good thing about living in New Zealand is the variety of vehicles available. Did you know VW and Mercedes make pickups?
    https://www.volkswagen.co.nz/en/new-cars/amarok.html
    https://www.mercedes-benz.co.nz/vans/en/x-class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd track down a 1968 Dodge Power Wagon and restore it if I needed a pickup.

    ReplyDelete