Wednesday, January 18, 2023

evil kitty cult - part 2

I hunted high and low looking for this coil of very bright LED light strip. They have just the right color spectrum. I wanted to back lit the Hello Kitty.

The coil has more LEDs than I thought I would need. I checked the power consumption of the whole coil so I would know later even if I use a cut strip of it without having to measure it again.



I didn't want to commit the installation without first testing it. So I got onto the lift and using two pieces of light weight extension cord and a 12V adapter to power the light strip coil. To my surprise hardly any light shine through the painted white plastic. So much for that idea. I will save this nice string of light for Brunnhilde's upper berth light conversion.

I didn't like how the LED string light was hung as it makes it look like Kitty is wearing a smock and raising both arms to address the cult followers. I rearranged how it is hung.

before - the evil cult leader


after - more innocent Kitty



The string LED lights from Costco is excellent to use as nightlights in the barn. It consume very little power and should last indefinitely. 

the LED string light consumes a mere 23 watts



No comments:

Post a Comment