Friday, January 20, 2023

hydronic heat for the barn - part 4

As I gave more thoughts to the number of different planes the system components have, I am seeing more challenges in getting the copper plumbing measure, cut, and solder right. I also need to change the orientation of a few components. As I want to get it perfect the first time and avoid having to redo some fittings, I have to proceed with care.


there are four planes of different distance parallel to the back wall

I temporarily mounted the manifolds to check what problems they impose. immediately I see the manifolds need to be spaced out from the wall by about 2 inches to accommodate the pump flanges.


The relative locations between the boiler and the manifolds are just about perfect to accommodate all the system components and without excessive pipe length. The biggest challenge is to create the four different planes parallel with the back wall while keeping the fittings to the minimum.


the ears of the pump flange need to be horizontal rather than vertical as in the photo






I flip a few things around and this seems to be a better setup


It appears that I am only short of two to four 1 1/4" ells, and the Taco 1/25 hp circulation pump. I want to install the pump on the return path so it sees low temperature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment