Tuesday, April 25, 2023

char siu mass production - part 2

 

This morning I decided to grill the rest of the marinated pork shoulder. I only have a medium Weber original grill that was given to me as a gift. I would prefer a full size one but it would be such a shame as this one will last indefinitely. Because I had to grill them in small batches. There is no thermometer to monitor their progress as each piece is of different size. Once you done it a few time you can pretty well judge the doneness by the firmness of the meat.

the piece of scallion dough I made just keep giving - for many snacks

I constantly needed to move the pieces and pull out the smaller ones that were done faster

for most people they would think this look disgusting; people nowadays are so devoice from food and cooking in general

It would be such a waste to just dump the residual bean paste marinate mixture down the sink. I decided to save it for making Cantonese style braised beef flank. Good cooks can utilize any ingredients. 

mild steel pan is one of my favorite material for cookware


if made well it has thin fluffy layers like good croissant

I'd been snacking and set a side a few pieces not to be vacuum bagged


once they are bagged, they go into the freezer

This batch of char siu would be used to prepare many different dishes. Next time I would make even a bigger batch. The larger the batch, the more time and labor efficient. I would pick up a bigger plastic basin next time in a Korean supermarket in town. They sell really big ones for preparing kimchi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment