Sunday, April 23, 2023

happiness is a nice refrigerator

I didn't intend to be in the market for a new refrigerator. I did consider buying one when my GE failed suddenly in January. I seldom browse the appliance area in Home Depot but this time I did while picking up some plumbing and electrical parts. None of the appliances caught my eye, except this LG side by side fridge. In the past I had pretty well decided that I would not want another side by side again. However having recently experiencing the most common French door with bottom freezer I grew to dislike the often need to open two upper doors, as well as how the cold drops to the floor when accessing the freezer.

When I went to Home Depot again, they dropped the price by another $200. That was enough to entice me as this is the best looking fridge I'd seen in the US a long time. I dislike curved doors and especially the highly embellished curved handles. This one is all rectilinear, including the interior shelves and drawers.








I didn't want them to install nor move the GE into the barn; I would deal with them myself with a hand from my neighbor

even a large tray has no problem fitting in

I intensely dislike the curved shelves and drawers in this GE

when I first laid eyes on this LG I was immediately impressed by the space efficiency inside



I dissemble both fridges in order to be able to swap them even with 36" wide entry door






the door design of the LG is very cleaver compared to the GE

even with everything removed I could not tilt it into the hand cart with my body weight

the LG is significantly lighter; note how little space on the bottom is used for the compressor and condenser 









the same LG ThinQ app for my mini split

I immediately love this knock twice to see what are inside feature; I can see my targets items before opening the doors so to minimize energy loss

it is an inverter linear compressor and is totally silent

While they are of similar outside dimension the LG interior space feels like 1.5 times of the GE. I really like not having to open two doors to retrieve big items. 


as I planned a kitchenette in the barn the GE is waterfall'ed there


at its time this is a high end model


No comments:

Post a Comment