Tuesday, April 11, 2023

full-size on demand water boiler for the barn

 


I ordered this Rinnai on-demand hot water boiler right at the beginning of the barn erection. It is the largest one they make. That was about 1 1/2 years ago. I finally got to install it onto the plywood panel. I am pleasantly surprised it is made in Japan. It is the same brand as the mini on-demand water boiler that I set up as a temporary hot water supply source.

the purpose-made concentric vents for the boiler

everything about Rinnai is perfection and design elegance

the boiler is 199,000 BTU so it can fill up a bath tub in a jiffy, while it can down modulate to nearly a trickle



I laid the components out onto a 4'x8' plywood to plan for the perfect location comprehending the loft above it, as well as the kitchenette and full bath to be built down the road







from my measurements the concentric vent pipe length would just be perfect for the depth of the wall without the need to cut or extend it


due to the undulation of the steel siding the precise location of the boiler is dictated by where the vent pipe lands right in the middle of the raise section

the bailing wire is there to support the vent until the caulking set

gas pipes, valve, and flex hose installed

water lines installed

in order to increase the max temperature from the default 120F to 130F I had to change a dip switch setting


all done and functional

Since the full size boiler is now installed, I decommissioned the little one and intend to install it into the laundry room.

I was sad to decommission this little gem of an instant boiler


I actually miss the joy of using the very modest little Rinnai boiler as it is much more instant than the big brother

the wall section with all the utilities is finally buttoned up



No comments:

Post a Comment