Wednesday, May 3, 2023

dim sum style pork rib mass production - part 1

My favorite pork rib is Cantonese dim sum style. I was shopping at Costco and I decided to buy a pack of St. Louis style spare ribs. It is a big package as always from Costco.

there were a lot more garlic, ginger and spices in this batch 

I buy anise by the pound; it is my most used spices beside black pepper corns

there is 3 1/2 pound of ribs in this package

now I buy WinCo house brand corn starch but to reuse the container of the more expensive brand; it is 65% of the price of name brands

I picked out the smaller piece to make this dim sum style rib - which is about 1/2 of the package; I would use the other for a different recipe


There are bean paste, garlic, ginger, anise, black pepper, soy sauce, and just a tiny bit of raw cane sugar in the braise. 


it is better than those served in any Chinese dim sum restaurant in the whole North America


No comments:

Post a Comment