Wednesday, June 13, 2012

hibachi for asian skewer 串燒

It has been a long time since I want to procure a hibachi for making Asian style skewers. It is amazing how difficult it is to find one for this purpose in the US. I had consider bringing one back while visiting the cookware street in Asakusa near Tokyo.





I recent became aware of this charcoal sportman's hibachi made by Lodge Logic. I am amazed that it is still made in the US. Having seen one in person I was satisfied that it comes close enough to a hibachi used for Japanese skewer 串燒 after some elbow grease.


The 32lb American beauty promptly arrived via UPS with minor assembly required.


I quickly bought a chicken and plot my build plan. As all good design starts with concept, followed with prototype, then execution, I set out to test the prototype.



A few glasses of wine and 10 skewers later the prototype testing was a success. I took a hour in the weekend and welded up the angle iron support.


Finished product


No comments:

Post a Comment