Saturday, June 16, 2012

rip - rnw classical



Today is a very sad day. I found out that after years of blood letting, RNW Classical has ceased broadcasting as of May 31 now that the budget axe has fallen.

I first started listening to weekly Live at the Concertgebouw more than 15 years ago through my local PBS classical affiliate in USA. Over time my station dropped it for budget reason. It disappeared on my local station 5 years ago.  A year or so ago I discovered I could listen to the program via online streaming from RNW's website and I was elated.

The budget cut has been looming for many years and finally RNW Classical has ceased to exist except in the collective memory of the listeners.

Live at the Concertgebouw has been my most favorite program for years where it covered the most diverse performances with musicians and artists worldwide.

Hans Haffmans is the best classical broadcast program host. I always listen with great interest of his well crafted and informed presentation even with pieces I did not like.

For more detail please follow this link The End of RNW Classical

No comments:

Post a Comment