Friday, June 15, 2012

ramen 拉麵 in japan

it is a compilation of footage of video from my trips to Japan

The best I had was in Nikko 曰光 (translates as sun light) Japan, which is the long segment in the beginning of the video. I arrived at this small town circa 10pm. I was starving after the slow train ride from Tokyo and was looking for just a quick bite to eat. There were no more than 3 shops that was still open on the main street - a 7/11 store (convenient store) a dive bar, and this ramen joint with no customer. I reluctantly walked in and it turned out to be the best ramen experience I had in Japan. Never judge the book by the cover.




We visited the Ramen Museum in Yokohama. I set out to have very low expectations thinking it is just a tourist trap. It exceeded my expectations and more. We went in around lunch hour and ate what our stomach could hold, then went to tour Yokohama. We return again at dinner time and in all we tasted 5-6 different ramen and tsukemen (dipping ramen). Despite the popularity with tourist, most of the ramen stores in here kept up with the quality and integrity. There were a lot of Japanese domestic tourists amongst the international ones. a map showing different regional style of ramen in japan

No comments:

Post a Comment