Saturday, January 26, 2019

hong kong style stir fried noodles with julienne pork 港色肉絲炒麵


I have a small portion of mung bean sprouts left in the refrigerator. It is on the verge of going bad but I thought I can salvage it in making another stir fried noodle dish with all the ingredients I have. I only need to pick up a bag of stir fry noodles.
Rather than sliced beef I used sliced lean pork from the freezer. To be authentic of one popular Hong Kong dish I cut the slice of meat into thin strips. Then I have all the ingredients for Hong Kong style stir fried noodles with julienne pork  港色肉絲炒麵.

Finding good Asian even in Portland is harder than I like. Over the years some brands came and went. For stir fry noodles this one by Mr. Kon's is the best I can find. I had some real dogs that turned soggy very fast, which is a real drag for any noodle lover. Also with 2 different brands with identical weight a crap brand actually has much less noodles as it has higher water content.




The technique of making this dish is identical to Hong Kong style stir fried beef noodles 港色牛肉炒麵. This time I used an average household wok and gas hob.

the mung bean sprouts are must have ingredient for this dish


No comments:

Post a Comment