Sunday, January 20, 2019

stir fried eggs with shrimps 虾仁炒蛋

Stir fried eggs with shrimps 虾仁炒蛋 a southern Chinese dish that most household would make from time to time. I have some frozen wild Gulf shrimps that I want to use up so I thought of making this dish.

frozen Gulf shrimps

The shrimps are quite big, so I slice them in half, and then into smaller pieces. To make the shrimp crunchier I salted them and let sit for a few minutes and rinsed. I save the shells to extract the flavor for braising shiitake mushrooms.



I used five rather small eggs

the shrimps are seasoned with white pepper and a bit of salt

The timing of frying the shrimps just right before pouring in the scrambled eggs is the key to this dish. My shrimps were a bit under cooked before I pour in the eggs, and that forced me to overcooked the eggs to ensure the shrimps are cooked. The technique is very similar to making western scrambled eggs.

Instead of green onion this dish would be much better with bits of inch long yellow chives.




No comments:

Post a Comment