Thursday, June 21, 2012

pineapple doing headstand



A few months ago I bought my first whole pineapple the first time. I could tell it is not quite ripe. Before cutting into it I did a bit a research to see if it would ripe more if I keep it a bit.

There is a lot of disinformation on the web. My conclusion is it would. Also to promote the sugar evenly distributed instead just settling on the bottom, you want to keep it upside down. It had sat long enough right side up since harvest right?

The good thing about buying a whole one and skin it yourself is you waste very little compare the sloppy store machine cut. I like the different textures and sweetness of the different parts and some of the nice part has been cut off in the store bought. A very sharp knife helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment