Sunday, June 17, 2012

ramen 拉麺 party

All started with the Japanese noren and a few articles of delight I bought back from my trip to San Francisco. I put up the noren on Tatyana's side entry door fancying it as gifting a silk kimono to a mistress. I starting setting my own "set" as a playing installation - set as in a movie production. Before long I got bored and felt what really lacking were a few talents and my brain gears started turning. Why not see if my neighbor's kids want some ramen? An impromptu ramen party took off after a phone call. I cooked up some ramen with the broth and braised pork shoulders I had in the fridge. All from scratch except the Shanghai 上海﹔style noodles I brought back from Oakland Chinatown. The kids learnt to use chopsticks the first time and they inhaled the noodles in short order.



No comments:

Post a Comment