Thursday, June 13, 2013

material girl

Brunnhilde has been pampered with a lot of material goods lately. I signed up for the free trial of Amazon's Prime is one big reason of all these presents that had been thrust upon her. Better living through materialism.

I cannot say enough good things about Amazon. The 2 days free shipping with the Prime account is very addictive. Knowing from the outset I have no intention to keep it after the 30-day trail I have accelerated the purchase of some items that are in my wishlist. What enticed me to enter the free trial is buying the Fein Multimaster for the cassette toilet conversion project. I want to be able to get the additional cutters or accessories fast without paying dearly for expedited shipping. It turned out the Fein Top Kit I bought has all the accessories I needed for the job.

Like they say all good things will eventually come to an end. I will terminate the Prime account before Amazon charge the annual fee of $79. Once this honeymoon is over I would have to revert back to exercise my patience with the free Super Saving Shipping via slow boat to China.

I have been wanting to visit the Boxer restaurant supply downtown a while now. I want to pick up two smaller frying pans made of mild steel from France. I want to get them while I still can because soon they will stop carrying them.

now i have four sizes - i think there is a larger one still that i don't yet have
They also have this USA made frying pan made with hard-anodized aluminum similar to those made by Calphalon's commercial series. I found this surface is as good as cast iron for searing but a lot lighter to handle. I picked an 8" one for space consideration. I am planning to add it to Brunnhilde's cookware collection for cooking on the road.

another cookware for Brunnhilde
this one is very thick from long time ago
I also picked up a small burger flipper and a flexible boning knife. Both are made by Dexter. Dexter is one hardest brand found in professional kitchens. Their products are some of the best at very reasonable price points.

my collection of Dexter (used to be Dexter Russel) - the new small flipper will be carried in Brunnhilde
the new flexible boning knife (right) and my old fillet knife

just arrived from amazon is the 27 feet 1 1/4" swimming pool vacuum hose i am evaluating for using as sewer discharge hose for Brunnhilde


Not satisfied with the coffee result with pour-over filter method I tried the Aeropress a few months ago. I am very happy with the result and control that the equipment allows me. I have shunt the idea of buying one as I thought the claims were overblown. I am now a believer. It is not a coffee maker for everyone. I just bought a second set for Brunnhilde.

brunnhilde's aeropress coffee maker

I saw these collapsible stools in China. They were ubiquitous but I didn't want the trouble of bringing one back. I found this at H-Mart for sale for just $5.

collapsible stool for cooking outside


No comments:

Post a Comment