Saturday, February 17, 2018

taiwanese cabbage

I only found this Taiwanese Cabbage very recently. This is not necessary Taiwanese as you will find them in Asia. Instead of ball shape like the common cabbage this is more flatten. I initially didn't give them much thought. Only one day I became curious and bought one to try. I was smitten by how delicious it is. It is very crunchy when cooked just right, and goes well with just about anything, or just stir fried alone. I cannot image that I would ever buy common cabbage again given the choice.



the leaves is not as densely packed and there are big variation of thickness of the layers

I separate the thick parts from the thin parts so I can cook the thick parts longer


there is an extra helping of lightly fried cabbage






No comments:

Post a Comment