Saturday, March 2, 2019

daikon cake 蘿蔔糕 - part 3


Daikon cake 蘿蔔糕  has been my sustenance all day today. Our local PBS station has a marathon of a NOLA cooking shows by Kevin Belton. I made a few snacks of this between the breaks. Watching all those delicious NOLA dishes made me wanting to go cook up a NOLA storm. However I cannot help but to wonder the impact to one's health especially with the size of the chef.


I polished off a good half by the end of the day


cast iron skillet is perfect for frying daikon cake 蘿蔔糕 and I never have to add any oil; no sticking at all

I fried all 4 sides

using a lid is the secret to get the daikon cake 蘿蔔糕 hot in just 15 minutes which including browning 4 sides



and another

slightly different presentation

It may seems one would get tire of eating the same thing all day, but this is so delicious. I want to make another cake soon and strive to make it firmer so easier to cut into slices. I plan to use a rectangle baking pan this time around for better presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment