Thursday, March 7, 2019

hong kong style stir fried noodles with seafood 港色三鮮炒麵


I made this stir fried noodles with seafood 港色三鮮炒麵. You can call it Hong Kong or Cantonese style. While I call it a stir fried noodles, the noodles was fried separately from the toppings. I used three kinds of seafood for the toppings, which include cuttlefish, shrimps, and scallops. All came out of the freezer.

the stir fry noodles were first blenched, then fried in a wok to crisp up the outside

Ingredients:
  • stir fry noodles
  • cuttlefish
  • shrimps
  • scallops
  • shiitake mushrooms
  • ginger
  • garlic
  • Serrano chili pepper
  • bean sprouts
  • scallions
  • soy sauce
  • oyster sauce
  • black pepper
  • cooking oil
  • coconut oil
  • cooking wine

here are all the ingredients for the topping that forms gravy like sauce; they are in a tray so I could get them to the outdoor kitchen in fewest trips possible

this dish can easily be made in a restaurant kitchen, but requires some flexible adaptation to made in a domestic kitchen

I really like using just a little bit of Serrano chili pepper and slice it very thin. It adds some elegant heat to the dish.


it is a big batch since I took the trouble to prepare it; you can't argue with economy of scale

with the thin slices of Serrano chili pepper, I didn't need the hot chili oil

No comments:

Post a Comment