Saturday, March 9, 2019

hong kong style stir fried noodles with seafood 港色三鮮炒麵 - part 3


From making Hong Kong style stir fried noodles with seafood 港色三鮮炒麵 I have about two serving worth of cooked toppings that I saved. I knew that I can improvise a couple of dishes from it. I used up all the stir fry noodles. My option is to drive to the store to pick up another pack or be versatile and use what I have at home. I chose the latter.



I always have different kinds of dried noodles in the pantry. With these I decided that dried Thai rice vermicelle is the best stand-in for stir fry noodles. It can be handled the same way the stir fry noodles. That is by first blanching in water, drained, and then fried like a pancake in a wok.

this is the leftover topping - there is two serving worth of it

the dried Thai rice vermicelle that just been blanched and drain and ready for frying in a wok

I wanted more vegetable in the topping, so I stir fried some Taiwanese cabbage in the wok with coconut oil, black pepper, and some fish sauce. I also added a few sprigs of chopped cilantro. I then added in the cold leftover topping to mix all together and bring it up to serving temperature. The result is another plate of Hong Kong style stir fried noodles with seafood 港色三鮮炒麵 with a delicious twist.

If I were to lack self-confidence I would not dare to use coconut oil to prepare this dish thinking it would hijack the essences of the seafood. Not at all. The coconut oil bring it up to another level. You can taste and smell the coconut but nothing is lost with all the other ingredients.


the appearance can be deceiving as you see mostly cabbage; you don't realize the seafood goodness that is covered like truffle covered by soil and organic matters

it is so so good - awesome may be a better word for how it tastes

The Taiwanese cabbage is just cooked perfectly. It is still crunchy and yet does not taste raw. You can taste each and every ingredients as you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment