Tuesday, March 5, 2019

re-fry of a stir fry



I made a stir fry of assorted ingredients with Chinese celery 什錦炒中芹 and it ended up with a rather generous serving. There were enough leftover for two more meals. Rather than reheating it I re-fry this stir fry. Why not just re-heating it in a microwave oven, you ask?



I have a commercial microwave oven, but I seldom use it to reheat anything that has oil content. The most common use is bringing up the temperature of a cup of tea, and warming a plate or bowl before food is placed into them to serve. The reason for not re-heating food that has oil content is it tend to make a mess. Additionally microwave tends to heat up food unevenly, and super-heating some ingredients. There are many ways that I reheat leftovers.

Depends on what it is I steam it, low heat frying with a lid, or high heat re-frying. All these methods work better than using a microwave oven.

this was the large serving of a stir fry of assorted ingredients with Chinese celery 什錦炒中芹 that I made which ended up with a good portion of leftover; the soy milk skin was a bit undercook and hence under seasoned

I first stir fried some cuttlefish slices and then pour in the leftover to re-fry. I also added more Chinese celery so I adjusted the seasoning to compensate for the added contents. The result is a much better dish than the night before.


I didn't re-fry all the leftover the first time. I only use one-half and left the other half for another meal, which I also carried out the re-fry trick. This time no new ingredients were added.

No comments:

Post a Comment