Tuesday, March 5, 2019

stir fry of beef, cuttlefish, and choy sum 牛肉菜心炒墨魚


This dish was born out of my freezer clearing effort. There is this cuttlefish that I took out. Cuttlefish is meaty and delicious just about anyway you prepare it. With some ingredients I have on hand I made a stir fry of beef, cuttlefish, and choy sum 牛肉菜心炒墨魚 using a bit of the cuttlefish. I like mixing seafood with meat in the same dish.

a whole frozen cuttlefish from the freezer

I broke it down into smaller portions to be cooked in a number of dishes

Ingredients:

  • Chinese choy sum 菜心
  • shiitake mushroom
  • enoki mushroom
  • ginger
  • garlic
  • marinated beef slices
  • cuttlefish slices
  • scallion
  • soy sauce
  • oyster sauce
  • coconut oil
  • corn starch
  • Chinese cooking liquor

Even the marinated beef was from the freezer.

I like a lot of ginger and garlic

eaten with a bowl of Jasmin rice



No comments:

Post a Comment