Monday, July 9, 2012

hummingbirds

i love my current property. it is situated in a convinent location with excellent access to freeways and yet has some woods and a creek nearby. i was so delighted to see so much more wild lives compared to my previous house. when i first moved in there is this woodpecker chipping away in the morning. there is so much birds and even coyotes

the most endearing are a variety of hummingbirds. here are some that I captured with my canon in the backyard

i think this one is rufous which I see a lot in my area

 she is perching on the tree right out side my bedroom's glass sliding door







like a harrier flight jet, but infinitely more agile - while equally voracious in fuel consumption

this one is the ruby - i could never get close enough for a better shot


i am getting off my butt to go put up the feeder

No comments:

Post a Comment