Sunday, July 8, 2012

phoenix modern architecture - part 2

jan 2008 phoenix modern architecture from my photo album. in this post you get to see the creative installation of mailboxes. some refer these mid century neighborhood as "the land of thousand mailboxes". also equally significant are the use of decorative concrete blocks. actually i dislike describing them as decorative. calling them architectural sounds too pretentious.



















kitschy but yet artful











paradise valley neighborhood






this house in Paradise Valley has the most prolific collection of steel sculptures - I am very curious the cold cash the owner can get if just sold them as scrap metal

love the pick axe sculpture






my own phoenix modern inspired mailbox and masonry fence


if you enjoy my posts on modern architecture in Phoenix I recommend you visit phoenix modern

No comments:

Post a Comment