Sunday, July 8, 2012

phoenix modern architecture - part 1

dec 2007 phoenix modern architecture from my photo album; i also drove to palm springs and spent new year there

land of thousand mailboxes - riches creative designs of mailboxes of anywhere I'd been





one of the historic valley national bank buildings; unfortunately a few had long been razed including one at the University of Arizona which is renowned for it's architecture curriculum.Of course Valley National Bank has long vanished so these building are owned by various new businesses.




paolo soleri studio - love this mail box and this is just the beginning

i arrived when it is closed for the holiday. i stumbled upon paolo soleri and he is an nice man. he told me it is closed but I can take photos as long as i don't go in, before long he let me roam about inside a bit.




you can see the heavy Wright influence in the architecture
 ibm "punch card" building - what a gem




this is one of my favorite


No comments:

Post a Comment