Friday, July 13, 2012

magnetic door catch from asia

I first saw the magnetic door catch when visiting Hong Kong in 2008. They are used everywhere. I had always on the lookout for good habitat products and I have not found satisfactory door catch here in the US. I had learnt to live without with my own improvises.



I had my eyes set on a few and intended to bring them back before I leave. Unfortunately the event would had it that I didn't have a chance to go back to the store to buy them.


It would be 2010 winter when I took a second trip back there. This time I brought back 4 of them with two different designs. After 2 years I finally got around to install them. About a month ago I was in Home Depot and notice that they now have this not so nice looking one.

i like this one - it has an adjustable length and pivoting head to suite different situations; the small spring loaded "button" also act as a shock absorber. I only cost $3 USD

improvised stop in guest bath

 magnetic catch
 i place it 2 3/8" from both edges to maintain the clean look of the standard 2 3/8" inset of residential door knob
 on entry door
 now this (commercial grade) bumper is obsoleted

this is a fancier and bigger one one and cost $4 usd; it turned out is not as good as the cheaper one though it has a stronger magnet

in install this other style onto the exterior door of my small shop/shed

it does not has length adjustment but it is just long enough to absorb the distance cause by the down spout


No comments:

Post a Comment